Tokyo 2020 qualification up for grabs on final day of Olympic Repechage tournament
- All 3 Asia Rugby Teams in contention for a spot in Tokyo 2020 Olympics after Day 2
- One men’s and two women’s teams will book their tickets to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics on Sunday at the Repechage in Monaco
- France, Hong Kong, Ireland and Samoa remain in contention in the men’s competition
- Argentina, Hong Kong, France, Kazakhstan and Russia are undefeated in the women’s tournament
- The first of the two women’s qualifier finals begins at 18:07 local time (GMT +2) with the men’s final following at 19:07 local time (GMT +2)
- Fans can watch the action live and for free on world.rugby
Two women’s teams and one men’s side will book their tickets for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games as the World Rugby Sevens Repechage tournament draws to a conclusion in Monaco on Sunday.
Four men’s teams remain in contention for a place at next month’s Olympic Games, while all 11 competing nations could yet reach the women’s qualifier semi-finals following an enthralling day two at Stade Louis II.
France set the pace in both the men’s and women’s Olympic Repechage tournament on a pulsating second day of action at Stade Louis II in Monaco.
Both squads won all of their matches on day two to book their place in Sunday’s play-offs and maintain their hopes of qualifying for Tokyo 2020.
Hong Kong, Ireland and Samoa will join France in the men’s play-offs, while Argentina, Hong Kong, Kazakhstan and Russia also have 100 per cent records in the women’s pool stage.
The third and final day of competition will get underway at 10:41 local time (+2 GMT), when Mexico take on Samoa in the women’s tournament.
The first of the two women’s qualifier finals begins at 18:07 local time (GMT +2) with the men’s final following at 19:07 local time (GMT +2).
Fans around the globe can watch all of the Repechage action from Monaco live and free on World Rugby’s website, Facebook and You Tube channels.
For local fans tickets are still available for finals day with prices starting at 10 euros. Ticketing information can be found at www.monaco-rugby.com.