The Executive Board of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) at its meeting in Tashkent – Uzbekistan yesterday approved unanimously the formation and composition of the Asian Sport Federations Committee.
Asian Sport Federations Committee
- Chaired by Chey Tae Won the OCA Vice-President
- Osama Al Shafar President of Asian Cycling Confederation,
- Qais Al Dhalai President of Asian Rugby Football Union,
- Dr Malav Shrov President of Asian Sailing Federation,
- Chung Euisun President World Archery Asia
- Windsor John the General Secretary of Asian Football Confederation.
The committee’s first meeting is planned to be held in Seoul during the second quarter of the current year to study the challenges facing the Asian Sport Federations and propose ideal solutions, furthermore, it will review the Asian Sport Federations qualification process for the Asian Games 2022 that has been postponed with a new date to be announced soon by the relevant task force; also the committee will ensure a continuity of the successes of the Olympic Council of Asia and the sustainability of the Asian Olympic Movement.
Related News: 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 postponed