-Stakes high as winner stays in contention for Asia Rugby Div 3 crown, promotion to Div 2
-Test slated for February 10th in Al Ain, UAE
-Mark the date to watch the match in real time on AR’s social media platforms
Asia Rugby has announced the appointment of match officials for the upcoming Asia Rugby Division 3 West match between Iran and Qatar, set to take place on Friday, February 10th, in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates who are:
- Ghaith Jalajel, the Asia Rugby Competitions Manager, Will act as Tournament Director.
- Jaco De Wit, from the United Arab Emirates Rugby Federation (UAERF), will be the Referee.
- Tony Duminy and Azhfar Nor, from UAE Rugby Federation and Malaysia Rugby respectively, will be the Assistant Referees.
- Peter Hudson has been appointed as the Match Officials Performance Reviewer.
- Ramesh Lachmanan from Malaysia Rugby will serve as the Judicial Officer
- Chris Galea from the Singapore Rugby Union as the Citing Commissioner.
The appointed match officials have been carefully handpicked by Asia Rugby’s Selections and Appointments Panel, and then ratified by both Asia Rugby Referee’s Committee and the Asia Rugby Interim CEO.
This will be the last match of the Division 3 Regional Championships. The winner will contest the Division 3 Playoff Tournament in March against India and Kazakhstan, who won Divisions 3 South and Central, respectively, in 2022. The Playoff Tournament champion and runners-up will earn a promotion to Division 2 to be played during the period 2nd to 5th May 2023.
Asia Rugby will be live-streaming the match on its Facebook page and YouTube channel, and featuring highlights on its Instagram page.
Asia Rugby Division 3 West
Iran v Qatar
Location: Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Date: Friday 10th February 2023
Time: 19:00 (UAE +4 GMT)