Asia Rugby pushes female representation in Committees to 30%
Asia Rugby appointed six new members to various standing committees for the period January 2021 until December 2024.
– Ms Aigul Jartybayeva the President of Kazakhstan Rugby Federation to be appointed as the 2nd Deputy Chair of the Development Committee
– Mr Nazmus Shovon the Chief Executive Officer of Bangladesh Rugby Federation Union as a member of the Development Committee
– Ms Jo Hull the Head of Women’s Rugby Performance at Hong Kong Rugby Union as a member of the Competitions Committee
– Mr Jaesub Choi the Vice president South Korea Rugby Union will take over as Chair of the Referees Committee
– Dr Lee Sang Hoon from South Korea Rugby Union and Mr Shokhrukh Ruzmatov from Uzbekistan Rugby Federation both to join the Players Welfare and Medical Committee.
– Ms Zahara Ghorbbani from Iran Rugby Association will join the Development Committee
Asia Rugby committees members reflect 80% of member unions representation across all sub-regions coverage; aiming at a strong drive towards the regional Association deifying principles of Equality, Transparency and Accountability. This pushes female representation in committees to 30% being more closer to Asia Rugby target of 40% to be achieved until 2024.
Asia Rugby President Qais Al Dhalai commented: “From day one of being elected as President we ensured to set up committees to reflect efficient and effective governance practice within the regional association.
The nine standing committees play a pivotal role in gathering the 34 member unions’ demands, challenges and inspirations transforming the regional body’s executive committee outcomes to be more realistic”
Al Dhalai further Added “You can always conduct business without committees however you will be missing an important element that Asia as a continent is massively diverse, to ensure all voices are properly heard we ensured the creation of these multi-functional standing committees”
Link to Committees Page: Link
The Asia Rugby committees are:
Administration and Finance Committee Chaired by Asia Rugby President Mr Qais Al Dhalai
Development Committee Chaired by Mr Vela Tan
Competitions Committee Chaired by Mr Asanga Seneviratne
Referees Committee Chaired by Mr Jaesub Choi
Players Welfare and Medical Committee chaired by Dr Mutsuo Yamada
Ethics and Governance Committee chaired by Mr Kakhramon Djalilov
Judiciary Committee Chaired by Mr Edwin Kung
Women’s Advisory Committee chaired by Ms Ada Milby
Audit and Risk Committee chaired by Mr Tanka Lal Ghising