As part of World Rugby’s continued support toward the aims of Accelerating the Development of Women in Rugby, they are once again offering the Women’s scholarship program in 2020
. Information on the scholarship program is attached here for your reference with a reminder that to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be women who:
– Are currently involved in Rugby at a governance level (Board Member) or,
– Are currently involved in Rugby at a senior management level (third tier and above) or,
– Have the potential to be involved in either a senior management level or Union/Region Board within 2 years.
Application Form>>>>>> Women’s Leadership Development Scholarships 2020_Application Form
Asia Rugby is calling on interested individuals to apply for this wonderful opportunity with a
closing date of 28 Feb 2020.
There are a maximum of up to 4 scholarships on offer in 2020.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Information …
Accelerating the Global Development of Women in Rugby 2020 Women’s Leadership Scholarships
2019 was a fantastic year for Women’s Leadership Development. World Rugby partnered with the Regional Associations to identify talented leaders for significant professional development support. In total, fourteen scholarships were allocated in 2019 across five regions; four in Oceania Rugby and Rugby Europe (after they deferred the 2018 scholarships to 2019) and two in Rugby Americas North, Sudamérica Rugby and Rugby Africa. Asia Rugby asked to defer the scholarship application process to 2020.
The 2019 scholarship recipients were:
• Cate Sexton (New Zealand): Head of Women’s Rugby Development at New Zealand Rugby
• Vela Naucukidi (Fiji): Women’s Development Manager for Fiji Rugby Union, former President of the Fiji Women’s Rugby Union (2007-12) and current Secretary since 2013
• Jane Schmitt (Australia): Director and board member of Queensland Rugby Union
• Cybele Druma (Papua New Guinea): Former CEO of Papua New Guinea Rugby Football Union and President of the National Capital District Rugby Union
• Gemma Fay (Scotland): Head of Girl’s and Women’s Rugby with Scottish Rugby
• Katharina Kueß (Austria): Vice-President and head of women’s rugby in Austria, a player and coach • Annelies Acda (Netherlands): Rugby Nederland Board member and Rugby Europe Women’s Rugby Committee member
• Iryna Arkhytska (Ukraine): Secretary General for Ukraine Rugby Union
• Regina Lunyolo (Uganda): Chairperson of the Uganda Women’s Rugby Advisory Committee and committee member for the Gender Equality and Diversity commission of the Uganda Olympic Committee
• Edvige Manga (Senegal): Deputy Secretary General of Senegal Rugby Union
• María Fernanda Vázquez Villatoro (Mexico): Manager and Board member at Wallabies Rugby Football Club Mexico
• Lauren Rothwell (Bermuda): Board Member and Public Relations Officer for Bermuda Rugby Union and national team player
• Lettizia Alcaraz (Argentina): Women’s Rugby Development Manager of the Northeast Rugby Union and former international player
• Soledad Galleguillos (Chile): Development Manager of Women’s Rugby and former international player for Chile, coach and educator
Some examples of what the 2019 scholarship recipients have already achieved:
• The 2019 intake already showed a lot of best practice sharing globally with Irina Arkhytska going on a study tour in Australia, Regina Lunyolo in New Zealand, Jane Schmitt in England and Vela Naucukidi going to Scotland shortly.
• Cate Sexton, Vela Naucukidi, Cybele Druma, Jane Schmitt, Irina Arkhytska and Regina Lunyolo participated in the Oceania Rugby Women’s Leadership Forum in Fiji in August.
• Samantha Feausi (2018 scholarship recipient) and Jane Schmitt completed the Women’s Sports Leadership Academy (WSLA) Course, an international week-long intensive leadership programme at the University of Chichester in the UK.
• Vela Naucukidi, Cybele Druma, Lauren Rothwell, María Fernanda Vázquez Villatoro, Katharina Kueß are in the process of completing or have completed the Women in Leadership Certificate from Cornell University, an online learning programme covering various aspects of executive leadership development.